Family Code of Conduct
I pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this code of conduct as provided by the New Hartford Youth Soccer League.
- I (and my guests) will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game and practice.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free sports environment for my child and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all youth sports events.
- I (and my guests) will remember the game is for children and not for adults.
- I will do my best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, gender, creed or ability.
- I will promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience within my personal constraints by assisting with coaching, being a respectful fan, providing transportation or whatever I am capable of doing.
- I will require that my child’s coach upholds the Coaches Code of Conduct as provided by the New Hartford Youth Soccer League.
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing, taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games or practice, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss or or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
- I will inform family and friends who attend New Hartford youth sporting events to abide by the above same rules.
By signing this document I also agree that if family or my guests and/or I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I/WE will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
- Verbal warning
- Written warning
- Expulsion from field